Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Peg Leg

Today I am wearing my hot 'walnut brown' pressure stocking. Thigh high, but with open toe, thank goodness!

I have managed to find replacements for the hospital white versions I was given when I was first diagnosed with DVT, and have managed to track down and order some colours from the US. Not available in Australia in anythng other than white.

I have black, and also the lovely beige, which makes me look like I have a wooden leg. I have started referring to it as the peg leg. The Peg.

Now just to be ok with having the Peg exposed....
Clearly Summer, and warm days like today, will make it necessary...

Research tells me I need to wear these for at least two years, maybe longer. Definately for any flights. The compression, particularly at the ankle, helps my damaged vein in my left leg with circulation. So that fluid doesn't pool at my ankle...so that I still have an ankle! If that's what it takes....

1 comment:

  1. That is some hot couch in the background. HOT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...