Thursday, July 23, 2009

Clouds and Chinas

Last night as I was packing up at work, I decided to text Springer and see if she was up for a gig in Brunswick, as a last chance to save me going on my own. She was up for the challenge for a few mid week beers, and we decided to meet at the Evelyn.

As I arrived, I moved to the merch table to finally grab the Demo from The Good China, when Mit recognised me from this blog, and said hi! I had been meaning to introduce myself to her for abit now, since she commented on here, and also considering I have seen her at quite a few other gigs around the place. She wrote a little message in the CD, to Jessie in London, and then introduced me to Eliza from Oh Mercy. Look at me, mixing with these music types!

I settled in with a much needed beer, to take in the Hoshi In The Clouds set, which sounded very comfortable and familiar. I am assuming cos I have seen them a few times recently, but they are really growing on me.

Springer arrived, and we got stuck into the beers, and I got to introduce her to music of The Good China. Opening with a wild-haired Jag's 39 Black, the band were chatty and funny, with Adam having a mic for the first time within his set up at his drums. No More Maps, No More Roads was full of energy, Ryan and Mit's Maple Leaves cover was a highlight of the set, and the reworked Profit for Perversion. All Nothing, with a spattering of crowd participation for the percussion at the right times, is still a favourite of mine. Can't wait for the launch of the EP, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...