Monday, November 23, 2009

Billable Hours

Capturing and charging out for my time at work has been the bane of my existance for about 3 and a half years now, in Occ Rehab. It's just the nature of the beast. Like a lawyer, I need to charge out for everything on a case, at an hourly rate. Not a lawyer hourly rate, though, sadly!

Every phone call, email, letter, and report needs to be charged out, to ultimately reach my personal target of 6 hours a day. Six hours sounds easy as, considering a 9 to 5 day, but it's harder than you may think. Attaching a dollar amount to the work you do means you need to make it worth someone's cash!

I have never been so ruled by dollars and numbers!

This article today sparked my thoughts, but also a discussion with a newbie at work. I can't now imagine working without this accountability....I just cannot imagine getting enough work done with out the clocked hour target at the end of the day!

360 minutes rules the day. But it also means that I can get in when I want, and leave when I am done, and make up time when it works better for me - as long as I have hit my weekly target. Suits me, most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...