Friday, June 24, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: A Song That You Want To Play At Your Funeral


Jeff Buckley's version of Satisfied Mind

So beautiful, and poignant. They played this at his funeral, and I think a powerful last message.
How many times have you heard someone say,
"If I had money, I would do things my way."
But little they know, that it's so hard to find
one rich man in ten, with a satisfied mind.

Money can't buy back all your youth when you're old,
a friend when you're lonely, or peace to your soul.
The wealthiest person, is a pauper at times
compared to the man with a satisfied mind

When my life is over and my time has run out,
my friends and my loved ones, I will leave there's no doubt.
But one thing's for certain, when it comes my time,
I'll leave this old world with a satisfied mind.

Day 24 of the 30 Day Song Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...