Monday, July 16, 2012

Capture The Colour

As the new travel blogging meme started to circulate I have been loving the posts around the interwebs, and the collections of amazing photos being posted. I was delighted to be nominated by Karin and Kieran over at K and K Adventures.

Travel Supermarket are running a competition called Capture The Colour, where they are encouraging bloggers to share photos from their travels featuring 5 colours, being blue, yellow, green, red and white. A grab of the story behind the photo is encouraged!

Looking through my photos from around the world to pick out some possible inclusions for this post, it turns out that colour is not a major feature to my eye. Perhaps something I will have to add more of in the angles of my photography.

Blue - in the streets of Havana, Cuba


Once the rest of my travelling group had moved onto the next place, I had an extra day in Havana on my own which I took to wander around the streets and grab some images of the enchanting streetscapes. The vintage cars were such a beautiful and irresistible feature!

Yellow - sunset in Sydney


This sinking sun behind the city of Sydney is captured from Watson's Bay, at the end of an amazing lap around Australia to see the Ashes in 2006. I feel like the warmth and brilliance of this shot welcomed me home to Australia after being away in the UK for a couple of years, and cast a final lasting spotlight on an awesome summer of cricket!

Green - tuk tuk in Galle, Sri Lanka


One of the many shots of these colourful modes of transport, zipping around Galle, and all of Sri Lanka. We took a tuk tuk to the ground most days when we there for the cricket just last August, which made our experience all the more authentic and adventuresome!

Red - the Moulin Rouge in Paris


The vividness of the seedy Moulin Rouge is so strange in a blazing sunny afternoon, given the goings on in there at night! This was taken at the end of my walking tour of Montmarte.

White - in Old Quebec City


The white of the roof of this building in a square within Old Quebec, along with the silvery-white church spire and the cloud coverage above, all captured on my recent long weekend trip to this part of Canada. I think my best entry for this competition!

I love that the 5 photos are all from such different parts of the world, and different trips and times in my life.

Nominations to bloggers I would like to do see do a post...

Carly from Tune Into Radio Carly
Natalie from Journey To London
Kristi from A Quick Succession Of Busy Nothings
Jess from Fushmush
Amy and Kieron from Don't Ever Look Back

How to enter

1. Publish a Capture the Colour post on your blog with images for all 5 colours if possible. Bloggers who don’t have photos for all 5 colours will still be in with a chance of winning the iPad category prize but to be eligible to win the £2000 overall prize your blog post should feature photo’s for all 5 categories.

Within your post, be sure to mention the Travel Supermarket competition page http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/capture-the-colour/ so that your readers know what Capture the Colour is.

2. Nominate 5 fellow bloggers to take part in Capture the Colour at the end of your post and notify them via Twitter or Facebook.

3. By 29th August 2012, let the lads at Travel Supermarket know you’ve entered by either:

- Linking to your blog post on your Facebook wall mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page or…
- Linking to your post via Twitter including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour in your tweet or…
- Email your entry to capturethecolour@travelsupermarket.com, including your name, email address and phone number.

4. The best Capture the Colour entries will be shared throughout the competition by the expert judges and Travel Supermarket social accounts…

5. Each judge will select their own colour category winners. The judges will then combine to select the overall winner of the £2,000 travel prize. For further information about the judging and the prizes see the Terms & Conditions here.

Want to know more?
If you want to know more about the competition or if you have any questions please get in touch with Travel Supermarket via either Twitter (@travelsupermkt) or email (capturethecolour@travelsupermarket.com).

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, awesome!!! Thanks for nominating me! I love your photo from Havana - it's such an iconically Cuban shot (based solely on all the photos I've seen of Cuba, not having been there myself!!).

    The shot of Sydney is incredible too. I love it when you're in the right place at the right time to capture something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right place, right time, happen to have camera close by....love those too!

      Looking forward to seeing your post - I just stumbled on an Aspen Trees pic of yours, which would be hard to beat as a Yellow, surely!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...